The NIC Householder Insurance Policy covers the insured’s building, fixtures and fittings, contents, jewellery and valuables, as well as public liability benefits.
Depending upon the property insured; the cover extends to protect the insured against
- Fire and allied perils.
- Burglary, housebreaking, larceny or theft.
- Loss or damage by accident or misfortune.
- Legal liability towards general public
- All Risk Cover for selected unavailable items
- Depending on the property insured, the insurance cover provides compensation equivalent to the market value or the cost of replacement.
- In cases where the items insured are susceptible to depreciation, the actual value is offered.