NIC General is a wholly owned subsidiary of NIC Holdings Limited (NIC). NIC General was incorporated on 3rd March, 2014 and took over the general insurance businesses of NIC in compliance with the legal requirement for separation of insurance businesses under the Insurance (Amendment) Act.
NIC General Insurance is looking for an experienced person to take up a position of Head Administration.
Job Title : Head Administration
Reports to : Company Secretary
Purpose : To plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devising ways to streamline processes. Supervise and train subordinates and allocate responsibilities and office space.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Supervise personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations through monitoring and timely payment of telephone service providers.
- Monitor fleet schedules and expenses.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (i.e. electrician and plumber).
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc).
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Proven experience as at senior administration level for at least three years.
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies.
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relative field
- Preferably between the age of 35 – 45 years of age.
We are an equal opportunity organization; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job application procedure:
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the email address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title. For example: Ref: Application for Risk Officer.
Strictly apply through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should reach us by Thursday, 23rd November 2023 at 5PM.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.