- July 19, 2018
- Posted by: nicadmin
Reports to : Head Non Life
Purpose : To supervise, assess, underwrite business, set targets and advise on technical matters regarding various risks in line with the underwriting and reinsurance standards.
Key Result Areas
- Prepare Insurance quotations in liaison with agents, brokers and clients/prospects in line with NICL policies and industry best practice.
- Review and oversee the process and issuance of policy documents, and delivery to clients in line with underwriting standards and NICL document dispatch procedures.
- Ensure appropriate policies and documents by outlining proper terms and conditions as well as exclusions in line with underwriting standards.
- Monitor compliance to underwriting, and credit control systems and procedures in line with NICL policies and best practice.
- Handle facultative re-insurance risks falling outside the treaty limits in line with guiding policies and procedures.
- Plan and Coordinate the process of developing products/services in line with the regulatory framework and the company’s business plan.
- Ensure Company protection through well negotiated treaties in accordance with guiding policies and procedures.
- Periodic review and audit of compliance levels to service standards in line with operational guidelines and approved work standards.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation and review of the unit budget, annual work plans, and targets in line with Company strategic goals
- Check, reconcile and maintain up-to-date underwriting and reinsurance registers in line with records management guidelines and standards.
- Carry out performance needs assessment, training and appraising line staff in accordance with the HR policy and guidelines.
- Periodic review and improvement of the existing insurance policies in line with the changing environment as well as recommending them for approval.
- Undertake other assigned tasks.
Minimum qualifications and competence requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in an Insurance related course from a recognized University.
- Must have professional qualification in ACII.
- At least five (5) years post qualification work experience performing similar tasks
- Proven in-depth knowledge and experience of Insurance, Reinsurance and product development
- Must possess, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, not later than 30thJuly 2018 at 5:00 pm addressed to:
Head Human Resource
NIC HOLDINGS Ltd.
Plot 3 Pilkington Rd
P O Box 7134 KAMPALA
Or by Email
*Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.