- July 19, 2018
- Posted by: nicadmin
Reports to : Head Risk
Purpose : To diligently assist in managing the organization’s Risk through the development of a highly skilled team of Risk Champions, as well as support NIC’s strategic objectives by providing meaningful insight and guidance to a range of internal contacts.
Key Result Areas
- To assist in the design and implementation of a global risk management strategy for the organization.
- To implement and coordinate the strategy and infrastructure for the identification, assessment, management and control of risk across the organization.
- Undertake stakeholder sensitization to increase awareness of risks affecting the business.
- To liaise with department heads on the adequacy of proposed actions in management of risk areas highlighted in risk reports, internal and external audit reports.
- Monitor implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the stated goals and objectives
- Monitor and report on compliance with regulatory requirements to the Head Risk
- Proactively identify emerging risks and report the same to Head Risk
- Undertake other assigned tasks.
Minimum qualifications and competence requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in a Business related course from a recognized University.
- Must have at least partial professional qualification in ACCA or CPA or CIA.
- A certification in Risk Management is an added advantage
- At least two (2) years post qualification work experience performing similar tasks
- Demonstrable experience in a similar Risk Management role within the Financial Services Sector
- Proven in-depth knowledge and experience of Risk Management practices and Regulations
- Technically competent/qualified Risk Management & Compliance professional
- Must possess, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, not later than 30th July 2018 at 5:00 pm addressed to:
Head Human Resource
NIC HOLDINGS Ltd.
Plot 3 Pilkington Rd
P O Box 7134 KAMPALA
Or by Email
*Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.