- July 19, 2018
- Posted by: nicadmin
- Job Title : Manager Legal (1)
Reports to : Head Legal & Administration
- JOB PURPOSE: Implements Company’s legal strategy and policies. Manages legal activities with an objective of protecting the Company’s interests from a shareholder and Board perspective. Provides advice and counsel on all legal related matters including but not limited to; Contracting, Company Secretarial & Litigation
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
|Key Result Areas||Activities|
|Implement the Company’s legal strategy and policies.
|· Protect the company from unnecessary litigation by advising on business risks and any litigation threats
· Ensure Corporate Governance by providing guidance on company secretary matters.
|Manages the legal activities of the Company’s, with the objective of protecting the Company’s interests and providing guidance to senior management on compliance with laws and regulations in relation to their functional areas:
· Continually assesses the legal risk that the company faces and advises the management team
|Company Secretarial & Corporate Governance||· Prepare for Board meetings
· Take minutes during the board meetings
· Maintain a company Register and filling company secretarial documents
· Prove guidance during board meeting
|Manage litigation with third parties, in alignment with the legal strategy, resulting in solved cases with minimal damage for Company, both in costs and reputation:
|· Ensures follow-up with external legal counsels and provides guidance and back-up information.
· Discusses any settlement options on any disputes with management and negotiates on behalf of the management team.
· Ensures resolution of disputes in an effective manner.
· Manages external legal counsels and monitors legal proceedings conducted by such counsel for and on behalf of the Company.
|Manage contracting matters:
|· Drafts Commercial Agreements, Leases and other Legal Documents or delegates to external Legal Counsel as appropriate.
· Vets draft Agreements between the Company and other parties drawn up by such parties or their Solicitors, with a view to protecting the legal position of the Company in such Agreements.
· Perfects the Company’s leasehold titles, preserves the titles and maintain the related records
|Process Entry permits and Dependants Passes for expatriate staff and their dependants.||· Process entry permit for expatriate staff|
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills||
|Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)||
|Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)||
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, not later than 30th July 2018 at 5:00 pm addressed to:
Head Human Resource
NIC HOLDINGS Ltd.
Plot 3 Pilkington Rd
P O Box 7134 KAMPALA
Or by Email
*Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.