NIC Holdings Ltd, a leading provider of Insurance and Risk management services in Uganda seeks to recruit a dynamic and competent individual to fill the vacancy below.
- Job Title : Branch Manager- Soroti
- Reports to : Branch Coordinator
Purpose : Market NIC products, handle branch accounting work, follow up and bank collected premiums, process claims and make periodical report in line with guiding policies and procedures.
Key Result Areas:
- Devise strategies aimed at improving the performance of NIC at the branch in line with marketing targets.
- Attend to and advise clients on the general insurance queries, complaints, and appeals and generate relevant correspondence to stake holders in line with the underwriting standards and guidelines.
- Prepare endorsements and attend to correspondences concerning new, renewal and/or alterations of insurance policies in line with the underwriting standards and guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical reports for H/Q review in line with the reporting guidelines and standards.
- Follow up payments of premium allowed on credit and prepare monthly outstanding claims in line with guiding policies and reporting standards.
- Carry out inspection of risks and verification of claims in line with underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- Prompt preparation of claim files and payment vouchers for approval in line with guiding policies and procedures.
- Take custody of petty cash, process payments, make disbursements upon approval and make periodical accountability in line with accounting standards and guidelines.
- Daily banking of collected funds on premiums, renewals etc in line with the accounting procedures and guidelines.
- Undertake other assigned tasks
Minimum qualifications and competence requirement
- University degree, in Business Administration, Marketing or any related field from a recognized university.
- Evidence of training in Marketing is an added advantage
- Sales/Marketing experience of at least 2 years in an Insurance company is a MUST Computer literate with knowledge of Information Management packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self driven, innovative and able to work long hours under minimum supervision.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, not later than 02nd February, 2018 at 5:00 pm addressed to:
Head Human Resource
NIC Holdings Ltd.
P O Box 7134 KAMPALA