- This covers buildings such as business premises, factories , offices etc and all immovable and movable property located therein, plant and machinery, furniture, fixtures, fittings and other contents, stocks and stock in process along with goods held in trust or in commission including stocks at suppliers/customer’s premises, machinery against loss or damage occasioned by fire.
- Along with the basic coverage against loss or damage occasioned by fire, the NIC Standard Fire and Special Perils policy provides protection from a host of other perils such as:
* Aircraft and articles dropped from there
* Impact damage due to rail/road or animal
* Riot strike, malicious and terrorism damage
* Subsidence and land slide (including rockslide)
* Natural disasters include storms, cyclones, typhoons, tempest, hurricanes, tornado,
floods and inundation.
* Damage caused by sprinkler leakage, overflow, leakage of water tanks, pipes etc.
- The policy may be extended to cover earth quake, additional expenditure involved in removal of debris, architect, consulting engineers’ fees forest fire, spontaneous combustion and impact damage due to own vehicles.